Standlee Premium Western Forage® Premium Alfalfa/Timothy Grass Pellets feature a moderate to low protein and sugar content and high fiber content. Premium Alfalfa/Timothy Pellets are high density, 1/4″ pellets of Standlee Premium Western Forage®. This mix combines two of the most popular forages fed to horses in a blend that is moderate to low in protein and sugar.
- Size: 40 lbs
- Low in carbohydrates
- Highly palatable
- Minimal waste, can be accurately weighed and measured
- Minimal dust
- Easy to feed and store
- Crude Protein – Min 12%
- Crude Fat – Min 1.5%
- Crude Fiber – Max 32%
- Moisture – Max 12%
- Naturally Sun-Cured Premium Western Alfalfa Forage, Naturally Sun-Cured Premium Western Timothy Grass Forage
- Growing horses (moderate to rapid growth), underweight horses, performance horses, mares in late pregnancy and lactating, breeding stallions, senior horses, horses with sensitivity to carbohydrates and horses with gastric ulcers.
- On average most horses comfortably consume 2% of their body weight in dry forage per day. This equates to 20 lbs of dry forage per day for a 1000 lb horse.
- Standlee recommends that you weigh the amount of forage provided to each horse to ensure you are feeding the proper amount. Standlee also recommends that pelleted and cubed forage not be the sole source of forage since feeding some long-stem forage (hay) may help eliminate boredom and prevent stall vices.
- Feed Standlee Premium Western Forage® at a minimum rate of 1.5% of body weight per day. Standlee Premium Western Forage® is recommended to be fed wet, soaked in water for 30 minutes or until properly softened, for horses that have dental problems or for horses that aggressively consume their feed.
- Gradually replace existing hay with Standlee Premium Western Forage® over a 7-10 day period. Replace existing hay on a 1 to 1 basis with Standlee Premium Western Forage®.
- Never feed moldy or insect infested forage to horses.
- Always provide free-access to fresh, clean water.