Standlee Premium Western Forage® Certified Timothy Grass Pellets feature a moderate to low protein, moderate sugar and high fiber content. Certified Timothy Grass Pellets are high density, 1/4″ pellets of Standlee Premium Western Forage®. Timothy Grass forage is highly palatable, is low to moderate in protein and high in digestible fiber.
- Size: 40 lbs
- Highly palatable
- Easy to feed and store
- Minimal waste, can be accurately weighed and measured
- Certified Noxious Weed Free
- Crude Protein – Min 8%
- Crude Fat – Min 1.5%
- Crude Fiber – Max 35%
- Moisture – Max 12%
- Naturally Sun-Cured Premium Western Timothy Grass Forage.
- Growing (slow to moderate growth), mature or overweight horses, horses with HYPP, performance horses, early pregnancy mares and breeding stallions
- On average most horses comfortably consume 2% of their body weight in dry forage per day. This equates to 20 lbs of dry forage per day for a 1000 lb horse.
- Standlee recommends that you weigh the amount of forage provided to each horse to ensure you are feeding the proper amount. Standlee also recommends that pelleted and cubed forage not be the sole source of forage since feeding some long-stem forage (hay) may help eliminate boredom and prevent stall vices.
- Feed Standlee Premium Western Forage® at a minimum rate of 1.5% of body weight per day. Standlee Premium Western Forage® is recommended to be fed wet, soaked in water for 30 minutes or until properly softened, for horses that have dental problems or for horses that aggressively consume their feed.
- Gradually replace existing hay with Standlee Premium Western Forage® over a 7-10 day period. Replace existing hay on a 1 to 1 basis with Standlee Premium Western Forage®.
- Never feed moldy or insect infested forage to horses.
- Always provide free-access to fresh, clean water.