Premium Alfalfa Pellets are high density, 1/4″ pellets of Standlee Premium Western Forage®. Alfalfa forage is low in sugar, moderately high in protein, high in calories and digestible fiber. Alfalfa is used mostly for growing horses, underweight horses, horse with sensitivity to carbohydrates, horses with gastric ulcers and late pregnancy and lactating mares.
- Size: 40 lbs
- Low in carbohydrates
- Minimal waste, can be accurately weighed and measured
- Minimal dust
- Easy to feed and store
- Useful as an organic fertilizer in gardens or flower beds
- Crude Protein – Min 16%
- Crude Fat – Min 1.5%
- Crude Fiber – Max 30%
- Moisture – Max 12%
- Naturally Sun-Cured Premium Western Alfalfa Forage.
- Growing (rapid growth) and underweight horses, horses with sensitivity to carbohydrates, horses with gastric ulcers and late pregnancy and lactating mares.
- On average most horses comfortably consume 2% of their body weight in dry forage per day. This equates to 20 lbs. of dry forage per day for a 1000 lb. horse.
- Standlee recommends that you weigh the amount of forage provided to each horse to ensure you are feeding the proper amount. Standlee also recommends that pelleted and cubed forage not be the sole source of forage since feeding some long-stem forage (hay) may help eliminate boredom and prevent stall vices.
- Feed Standlee Premium Western Forage® at a minimum rate of 1.5% of body weight per day. Standlee Premium Western Forage® is recommended to be fed wet, soaked in water for 30 minutes or until properly softened, for horses that have dental problems or for horses that aggressively consume their feed.
- Gradually replace existing hay with Standlee Premium Western Forage® over a 7-10 day period. Replace existing hay on a 1 to 1 basis with Standlee Premium Western Forage®.
- Never feed moldy or insect infested forage to horses.
- Always provide free-access to fresh, clean water.