Standlee Premium Western Forage® Premium Beet Pulp Pellets feature a high calorie, low protein, low sugar fiber source for horses. Premium Beet Pulp Pellets are high density 1/4″ pellets formed from dried sugar beet pulp. Beet Pulp is the pulp that remains after sugar has been removed from the sugar beet.
- Size: 40 lbs
- Minimal waste, can be accurately weighed and measured
- Minimal dust
- Easy to feed and store
- Crude Protein – Min 7.5%
- Crude Fat – Min 0.5%
- Crude Fiber – Max 21%
- Moisture – Max 12%
- Beet pulp (dried), Concentrated Separator By-Product
- Concentrated Separator By-Product or CSB is a secondary molasses produced during the separation of sugar from normal sugar beet molasses.
- Horses that are underweight, performance horses, senior horses, horses that are sensitive to carbohydrates and pregnant and lactating mares.
- Standlee Beet Pulp is a high calorie fiber source for horses. Beet Pulp can be fed to mature horses at a rate of 0.05 to 0.2% of body weight/day depending on level of activity. For a 1000 lb horse, this equates to 1/2 – 2 lbs of dry beet pulp per day.
- Gradually introduce beet pulp into the diet during a 7-10 day period.
- Beet Pulp is a dehydrated product and is recommended to be soaked (completely submerged) in water for a minimum of 15 to 30 minutes prior to feeding, or until properly softened. Soaking product for longer than 30 minutes is not recommended as extended soaking in hot or humid environments may result in mold growth.
- Never feed moldy or insect infested beet pulp to horses.
- Always provide free-access to fresh, clean water.