Premium Timothy Grab & Go® Compressed Bales are formed by allowing Standlee Premium Western Forage® to grow to the proper stage of maturity, cutting the plants, allowing them to sun-cure (dry) to an acceptable moisture level and baling the forage at the optimal time. Standlee Premium Western Forage® creates Grab & Go® compressed bales of forage from a large 4’x4’x8′ bale that is put through a press, sliced horizontally, pushed onto a scale, weighed, compressed, banded and then shrink-wrapped. Timothy Grass forage is highly palatable, is low to moderate in protein and high in digestible fiber.
- Size: 50 lbs
- Natural forage length mimics grazing
- Slow intake, stimulates chewing and minimizes digestive upset
- Convenient to handle and store
- Physical form allows visual inspection of quality and consistency.
- Crude Protein – Min 8%
- Crude Fat – Min 1.5%
- Crude Fiber – Max 35%
- Moisture – Max 12%
- Naturally Sun-Cured Premium Western Timothy Grass Forage.
- Growing horses (slow to moderate growth), mature or overweight horses, horses with HYPP, performance horses, early pregnancy mares and breeding stallions.
- On average most horses comfortably consume 2% of their body weight in dry forage per day. This equates to 20 lbs of dry forage per day for a 1000 lb horse.
- Standlee recommends that you weigh the amount of forage provided to each horse to ensure you are feeding the proper amount. This is especially important with baled and compressed forage since similar volumes of forage (a flake for example) vary in weight. Standlee also recommends cutting the bands on compressed bales and allowing the bale to expand overnight to avoid overfeeding. Feed Standlee Premium Western Baled or Standlee Premium Western Compressed Forage at a minimum rate of 1.5% of body weight. Gradually increase or decrease the amount of forage to maintain desired body condition.
- Never feed moldy or insect infested forage to horses.
- Always provide free-access to fresh, clean water.