Product DescriptionCall to reserve one today
The STIHL MS 461 chain saw was made for tough cutting jobs and long workdays. This professional-grade saw is up to 20% more fuel-efficient than the MS 460 STIHL MAGNUM®, but delivers every ounce of the power. Now you can spend more time cutting and less time (and money) on re-fueling. It’s ideal for all-around professional forestry and tree care projects, including felling, limbing and bucking of larger diameter trees. And with all that extra cutting, we made sure the MS 461 features our heavy-duty HD-2 filter technology for longer run times between air filter maintenance. This is the saw you need to cut down the hassles of cutting.
- IntelliCarb™ compensating carburetor measures air on clean side of air filter and adjusts metering diaphragm in carburetor. Maintains RPM levels even when filter begins to clog.
- Decompression valve releases compression in the cylinder for easier starting.
- ElastoStart™ starter handle features a built-in shock absorber that helps reduce the effort when pulling on the starter cord.
- Adjustable automatic bar and chain oiler allows the user to adjust the lubricant of the guide bar and saw chain for different bar lengths and cutting conditions.
- Side-access chain tensioner allows for easy tensioning of the saw chain.
- HD-2 filter technology allows for longer use between air filter maintenance.
- Reduced fuel consumption over previous models.
- Wrap-handle version (R) with extended chip deflector on sprocket cover
- Arctic version (VW) with electrically heated carburetor and electrically heated handles
|Displacement||76.5 cc (4.7 cu. in.)|
|Engine Power||4.5 kW (6.0 bhp)|
|Weight (Powerhead Only)||6.6 kg (14.6 lbs.)|
|Fuel Capacity||800 cc (27.1 oz.)|
|Chain Oil Capacity||325 cc (11.0 oz.)|
|Oilomatic® Chain||33 RS3|
of Guide Bar Lengths
|40 to 80 cm
(16″ to 32″)
STIHL recommends #3624 (33 RS3 84) OILOMATIC® saw chain and 25″ 3003 000 4030 Ematic™ guide bar combination. The actual listed guide bar length can vary from the effective cutting length depending upon which power head it is installed.